Sunday, January 6, 2013

Arkansas

My cousin Terry sent this photo to my sister, Caroline earlier this year and I finally got around to printing it and scrapping it.  The two little boys are my Uncle Gene and my dad.  Like the caption says, it's probably around 1939 to 1940.  I followed the sketch below on Let's Scrap.  Click here to go to the website.  I find it easier to start a layout with a sketch and they have great ones on this website. 


Layout Sketch Challenge


The floral back ground circle is from the Tim Holtz paper pack I received for Christmas.  The birds and labels are from K&Company.  The knitted flowers are from a Whimsey Jar swap I was in a few months back.  I believe it was from Stampingooddeeds (Susan) from SplitCoastStampers.  And the birdcage was from my friend Ann Marie also from a swap.  I need to get more of these since I just love the bird cage and they are so popular right now.

I think I'm going to frame this one.  I just love the vintage feel and plus I miss my grandma so much!

Great news!  This layout was selected as IOTW (Inspiration Of The Week) at Let's Scrap.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who really liked this layout!  THANKS!

8 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful Dorlene! I may have to *borrow* that awesome sketch for some pages I need to do....I LOVE this! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeouw, Dorlene. The crocheted flowers are perfect. I love that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. What a fabulous layout and I love all the flowers. They go so well with your paper and the vintage look of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I mean really, really wow!!! Dorlene, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I would definitely frame it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorlene - This is awesome! Those doilies really make this look old and go perfectly with the picture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dorlene this is absolutely exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolutely gorgeous vintage page! Definitely frame it!! I love the beautiful knitted flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty layout. I like the knitted flowers. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!