Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gift Bags Galore & A Little Silliness

Hello, my name is Dorlene Durham and I'm addicted to swaps.  Yes, I've relapsed!  I told myself I was not going to sign up for too many swaps at a time, but I am signed up for eight swaps.  But, the good news is I've mailed out one, and completed two.

The one I just completed was my three spots in decorated gift bags.  Here are two of the ones I've made:
The first one is medium size women/girls category and the second is for the medium size men/boy category.  All the paper used on the top bag were from very old CTMH coordinating patterned paper.  I used my Art Philosophy cricut cartridge to cut out all the spiral flowers.  Added a bright pink recycled ticket and a feather.  The sentiment is a stamp from Stampin' Up.  LOVE all the pinkness!

The second one is also old CTMH patterned paper except the solid cardstock which was just an assortment of scraps and full sheets I have.  The yellow mat, rocket and sentiment are from the Just Because cricut cartridge. 

I love how these bags turned out and it made me ask myself, "self...why do you buy gift bags when they are so fun and easy to make?"  I didn't wait to hear the answer because I'm pretty sure it would have been something like "because I'm lazy"!  LOL 

Y'all know I'm not crazy, well maybe just a little, but isn't it fact that creative people talk to themselves :).  If not, I just said it and I'm pretty sure my other self will second it!

Spring is in the air and I'm a little silly, but that's ok.

6 comments:

  1. I used to be addicted to swaps! Not anymore, I am Happy to say!! Your projects are cute and the other swappers will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me laugh!! Your bags are absolutely fabulous!! I love the designs!! Whoever receives them will love them!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!!! I can't wait to see your other swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun! I just love these! As long as you enjoy the swaps, that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gift bags are terrific! I had to laugh at the reason why you don't make your own gift bags! I always think I will make them and then the day of the event arrives and I'm rushing out to buy a bag because I didn't make one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the pink gift bag, and no you are not crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!