Thursday, June 13, 2013

How To Build a Better Mouse Trap

Yes, I said mouse trap!  Can you believe that's what we're altering now?  I signed up for this swap on Splitcoaststampers and wasn't sure what I was going to do.  At first I thought I'd do a Wizard of Oz theme but the stamps I had were too big for this small canvas so I went to Plan B and went with Alice in Wonderland.  There are so many variations of the AIW theme so I just went mad (pun intended LOL)


The "trap" part of this will hold notes, photos, or whatever.  For now, it just holds the quote "Curiouser and Curiouser" by Alice.

The rolled flowers are tiny ones from the scalloped punch from Stampin' Up.  The clock was stamped on Shrink Film and shrunk down - talking about fun!  That was pretty cool!  The rest was just trial and error, layering and distressing and a ton of glue!

Mouse Traps:  The Dollar Tree ( a pack of 4 for only a buck!!)
Paper:  Prima Marketing, Nursery Tales (5x7 paper pad)  I bought this pad years ago because I  had to have it!  This is only the second time I've used it.
Rubber Stamps:  Alice in Wonderland from Second Star on the Right (gifted from my sister's Sister-in-Law, Karen)
Miniature Playing Cards:  B. Shackman & Co.  (purchased 3 years ago at the Scrap Expo in Pleasanton)
Clock Ribbon:  From my stash
Flying Clock Stamp:  Another gift from Karen Sigler (I'll be posting soon on Karen)
Shrink Film:  Grafix
Distressing Ink:  Holly Hock and Desert Sand from Close To My Heart (CTMH)
Beads:  Wedding decorations from my cousin Tawny's wedding (woo hoo!)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so creative and fabulous!! What an awesome project!! They look amazing!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and they look fantastic! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness!!! What a unique project. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are AWESOME!!!! You did such a great job! Who knew that a mouse trap could be so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am truly amazed! I've seen altered mouse traps before, but these don't even LOOK like mouse traps any longer! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!