Friday, June 27, 2014

Ahoy! It's a Boy!

I cut out 40 boat cards to use as a baby shower invitation for my coworker.  Let me rephrase that, it's for a shower that my coworker is hosting.  This coworker shares my love of crafting and is such a sweetie.  She's going with a nautical theme - hence the title.

Here's a shot of two of the invites:

I used the Life's a Beach cricut cartridge and cut these sailboat cards using the "card" button.  I went through my stash and pulled as much light blue patterned paper as I could find.  Those I cut to fit inside the cards.  That was going to be it until I saw a random punched heart sitting on my craft table and thought, hey that would be cute on one of the sails.  So, I punched a bunch of little hearts using the red cardstock scraps.  As I'm punching the hearts, I realized that we would not be able to use a red heart on a red sail, so out came my little star punch.  I punched some stars using the blue scraps. 

To make sure everyone knew this is a baby shower invitation, I pulled my "baby" stamp and decorated the other sail.  The invites are 5 1/4" square.

Next I'll work on the nautical pieces to adorn the favors and decorations. 

I never used that "card" button on this cartridge.  But I love how easy it was to cut and decorate.  I'm going to have to look more closely at all those extra features on my cartridges.

Cardstock:  Ballet Blue and Real Red from Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper:  Assortment from my stash
Heart Punch:  Stampin' Up!
Star Punch:  EK Success (gifted from Karen)
Stamp:  "baby" from SU!

Ahoy!

















4 comments:

  1. These are so awesome!! I love the sailboat!! What a fabulous invite!! Wow - 40 of them!! You did a beautiful job - they are gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!! I just love Cricut projects! I'm sure your co-worker and the Mom-to-be love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute Dorlene. I'm going to have to check out that "Card" button myself. I know that everyone will just love these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!