Thursday, March 26, 2015

Paper Dolls...? Yes, Please

I don't know about you, but I LOVED paper dolls when I was a young girl.  I loved the little tabs you'd have to fold to dress the paper doll and all the accessories that came with the clothes.  I loved how the sheets (that held the punched out clothes) were also decorated even though you'd never use the sheets again.

I loved paper dolls so much that one of my sisters' friends, Julie would draw little people and sell them to me.  I remember I'd pay a nickel for each person.  I couldn't change their clothes, but I would play with those drawn dolls all the time.

When I first saw those Julie Nutting paper doll stamps, believe it or not, I wasn't really that interested.  I thought, what the heck am I going to do with those things....

And then I wanted to buy one with curly hair and I couldn't find one; until I did.  Once I bought my first one, I realized that I needed lots more because not everyone has curly hair.  I only have three now, but they are SO FUN to play with and use.  You've seen some of the mixed media canvases I've done with the curly hair girl, but here are a few more:




I am ready for another one!

Here are some older ones:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!