Saturday, November 28, 2015

Recycling at it's Best Part I

So the other day I went to JoAnne's and purchased a few things including a 3-ring Project Life Binder/Album.  I needed a new album and I love the 3-ring ones.  When I opened the plastic wrapping, there were two triangular shaped cardboard pieces inside that help the album keep it's shape.  I tossed them into the trash bin.  Moments later, I took a second look.  They sort of look like Christmas trees.  So I took them out and put them to the side.

Well, I thought I'd tackle them today.  Take a look at the shapes:

Can you see what I see?

I searched through my paper stash and selected some papers to use to cover the "trees".   After "mixed media"ing the papers, this is what they look like.


Here's a photo of the supplies/materials I used to create these pieces:
A beautiful hodge podge of random items; focusing on green and Christmas.

After each sheet dried, I tore them up in pieces and decopauged the paper to the cardboard trees.  I left these to dry...I'll decorate later this evening or tomorrow.  

I remembered that I had these wooden spools so my plan is to use the wooden spools for tree trunks.  I'm so excited about decorating these trees.  Even without decorations, they are so cool!  I also plan on using these bingo markers that I've had forever...so excited!!


Supplies for mixed media patterned papers:
Cranberry Crisp SU! Ink
Wild Washabi SU! Ink
Olive CTMH Ink
Black Archival CTMH Ink
Spring Green, Christmas Green, Golden Yellow, and White Acrylic Paints
Pistachio Distress Ink Spray
Black Glimmer Mist
Tim Holtz Stencils
Homemade Hot Glue Masks
Silver Paint Pens
Gold Leaf Flakes
Misc Stamps (script, poinsettia, Christmas words, etc.)
Bubble Wrap
Sample Credit Card (cardboard)
Bottle Lid
Toilet Tissue Tube






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!