Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Messing Around

Hello and Happy Spring! 


I decided to spend some time and just play with different medias to see what I come up with.  I'm debating on getting a Gelli plate.  They seem to be all the rage with mixed media artists as a starting point for masterboards.  I saw a YouTube video where artists used different bases like ziplock baggies, transparencies, etc.  I did not have much luck with these things.  So instead I just started layering media on the "canvas" itself.


Gosh, it's so much fun when you just play...!


Here are some samples of what I came up with.  I hope to do things like this more often and just put them aside.  I can always go back and complete projects with them especially when I don't have any creative inspiration.  They will definitely give my projects a jump start.






Give yourself permission to just play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!