Monday, August 1, 2016

ICAD Week 4

Good morning peeps!
I finally spent some time in the Command Center and finished some of these index cards. I'm so glad to be starting Week #4!!

Prompt #22
Neon Sign
Well, I didn't fully follow the prompt on this one. I found the "forward" sticker while watering at work and knew I wanted to use it somehow.  So, I made a sign, just not a neon sign.  The background on this index card started with pink/black & white but slowing morphed into what you see below.

Prompt #23
Winter
It's pretty hard to come up with Winter ideas when it's 106 degrees outside, but this was quick index card to make.  I grabbed some watercolor markers in two different colors of blue and then spritzed water to blend them together.  I like how you can still see the pen marks on the card. Then I just splatted while acrylic paint and also spread some along the bottom.  The house is made from scrap paper.  The black lace and other black marks are from the Elements stamp sets from Lila Grey.

Prompt #24
Magenta
Ok...maybe not magenta, but pinks in the same family so it counts, right?  The background was a brush off piece of pink watercolors.  I added some black and dk. pink splatters.  This cute little bear is a digi stamp from http://www.theleafstudio.com/.  I won on the Decorate to Celebrate challenge site and (long story short) they offered me a spot on their Design Team. 

I watercolored the bear with some tombow markers & a water brush.  Then I used pink watercolor marker to color in the dress.  Once dried, I used white acrylic paint and one of the Elements (bubble wrap) stamps to add the details.  I also added the ruffled collar with a black BIC pen.  She's adorable!!
To finish the card, I added a doily, washi tape and a scrap pink cut out and circle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!